Skunk2 Alpha Series Rear LCAs – EK
The Ultra Series Lower Control Arm offers the hardcore racer and discerning enthusiast, the very best of the best. In a market full of “Me Too” Product, and recycled, annealed lower control arms, we took the Lower Control Arm back to the drawing board. We chose 6061-T6 because of its excellent strength to weight ratio and fatigue strength. With an ultimate tensile strength of over 42,000 PSI, and fatigue strength of 14,000 psi for 500 million cycles – we knew this would be perfect for the Alpha Series Lower Control Arms. The result of our re-engineered lower control arm is a 6061-T6 Forged Aluminum LCA, that is 19% lighter and 11% stronger than our previous generation of LCA’s.
Accurate suspension geometry is maintained under the most aggressive driving conditions using high load steel spherical bearings on the trailing arm side and tuned durometer elastomeric bushings for the subframe side of the LCA. Delrin bushings are utilized at the shock mounting position for their low friction and minimal deflection for unparalleled dynamic shock control. Using this specific combination of bushings allows the most comfort and control under any driving conditions.
- Weight: 6.15 lbs.
- CNC Machined from Forged 6061-T6 Aluminium (Silver) & Forged 6061 Aluminium (Black/Gold)
- 40% Lighter than OEM Arms
- 19% Lighter than Original Skunk2 Pro Series Arms
- 11% Stronger than Original Skunk2 Pro Series Arms
- Outboard Spherical Bearing Eliminates Bushing Twist
- Tuned Polyurethane Inboard Bushing Dampens NVH
- Delrin Shock Mount Bushings for Improved Shock Performance