Radium FCST Fuel Cell Surge Tank
The FCST uses the tried and true Radium Engineering fuel surge tank system preferred by professional motorsports teams worldwide. The optimized 2.2 liter canister supports 1, 2, or 3 internally mounted surge tank pumps capable of over 4000HP (Gas @ 3bar, BSFC .45).
The fuel pumps inside the surge tank provide the primary fueling to the engine. The “lift pump” mounts next to the surge tank canister and keeps the chamber filled. The volume of fuel inside the surge tank acts as a buffer always keeping the surge tank pump(s) supplied with fuel. This volume is also maintained by the “return” from the FPR. Excess fuel in the integrated surge tank bleeds out into the fuel cell without the need for expensive hoses and fittings. All of this is done inside the fuel cell with the FCST.
Because all of the compatible pumps utilize an integrated check valve, the FCST merges all pumps into a single outlet simplifying external plumbing. The return port has a tangential entry into the FST canister creating a swirl pot. This helps eliminate unwanted air bubbles and fuel foam that can affect fuel pump and engine performance.
All variations of the FCST found in drop-down menus come standard with the following parts:
- Radium 20-0146 Fuel Level Sensor Block-Off Kit
- Radium 20-0155 Fuel Cell Mounting Tab Kit
- Radium 20-0435 Vent Valve, 12AN ORB to 8AN Male, Std Fill
- Anodized Aluminium 6×10, 24-Bolt Fill Plate
- Anodized Aluminium 2.2 Liter Surge Tank Canister
- Anodized Aluminium Lift Pump Mounting Brackets
- Anodized Aluminium Surge Tank Pump Cradle
- Anodized Aluminium 6AN ORB Return Fitting
- Anodized Aluminium 8AN ORB Feed Fitting
- Submersible Rubber Hose and Tubing for all Pumps
- Stainless Steel Hardware and Viton O-rings
- Crimp-on Wire Ring Terminals for external electrical connection
- Insulated 10-32 Nuts for Electrical Studs
The FCST is available with or without fuel pumps. Radium assumes that the lift pump and the surge tank pumps will be the same brand so the internal wiring connectors for the surge tank pumps and the lift pumps will always be the same.
If you are going to use your own pumps or source pumps elsewhere, select the option “Surge Tank Pumps and Lift Pump Not Included” from the drop-down. Some assembly is required. Note that there will be enough components included with this option to use 1, 2, or 3 surge tank pumps. Depending on the setup, some parts may not be used. Compatible pumps are Walbro GSS342, Walbro F90000267/274/285, AEM 50-1200, AEM 50-1000. If you would like to use a different pump than what is listed, please contact Radium technical support. Bosch 044 pumps are NOT compatible with this product.
If fuel pumps are needed, the FCST will come pre-assembled. First, select the preferred number of surge tank pumps that will be used from the drop-down menu. The FCST is sold in 1, 2, or 3 surge tank pump configurations with 1 lift pump. Next, select the type of pumps that will be used.